Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Intermittent Fasting- The approach that works for me

What works for me is to limit my food intake to a certain time of day rather than 5 days on and 2 days off.  I believe the body needs time to clean up everyday!
As long as you are eating all day long your body will burn the most readily available energy....food you JUST ate.
Since I am a coffee drinker it is relatively easy for me to "skip" breakfast. This has taken training, and time to slowly get to the point where my body knows that it is not in fact "Starving".  
I have heard so many times not to eat after 6pm-well this just does not work for my family, often times we are not even home from work until after 7pm. 
I like to start my mornings with fluids only! Water with lemon and cayenne , Coffee, Superfoods, and  fresh squeezed juice--only if I am very hungry.
Once I get to the point I know I need to eat which is usually around 12:30-1:00pm, I like to have fruit, something that is very easy to digest (I recommend only eating fruit by itself, at least 30 minutes before a meal-maybe another idea for a blog post?)
I eat a late lunch and a late dinner but the time frame is usually 8 or less hours of the day that I am eating.
This has worked for me for several years, not including when I was pregnant-becuase I was always starving!
Maintaining my body weight has been no effort for me and I think that only eating during a limited window of time helps me make better decisions on what I do eat!  I am becoming quite the food snob, and I mean that in a very healthy way!
It is a process just like everything in life.......but in my opinion you should sweep the three meal mindset under the rug and give it a try.  I promise you wont starve yourself!

sometimes I need a little help from my friend, ACE-It is a natural source of energy, that gives me alot of focus and helps control the appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Gone Slim Website

Girls Gone Slim Website
Ready to Conquer the Day? Purchase ACE here!